Pomegranate juice, essential oils and a bottle of Absolut Citron on a Saturday night… what is a girl to do? Well if you are me, you invite a bunch of friends over and get your apothecary on. Or is that your amateur bartender on?
This all started when I spent a long weekend at the fabulous Steamboat Bay Fishing Club with friends and they served a Pomegranate Martini with Basil Sugar that was out of this world amazing. So being me, I had to go home and try and replicate it because after all it is a 40 minute float plane ride away! So I gathered my ingredients and experimented until I thought I had a winner. My fellow taste testers agreed and so here is my martini:
Pomegranate Martini with Basil Sugar Recipe... Made with Essential Oils. #pomazing Click To Tweet
The fun didn’t end there! I decided it was time to pull out some more recipes and see if essential oils could take more of my favorites to new heights. The next one I decided to experiment with was my husband’s margarita recipe. Several years ago we went on a quest to create the best margarita and so I amped it up with essential oils.
No lemons or limes on hand? No problem, just grab your essential oils and make margarita magic Click To Tweet
It wouldn’t be fair to ignore our favorite Lemon Drop Martini. Essential oils definitely improved the flavor!
We can’t forget the guys… mine won’t touch ‘foo foo’ drinks and prefers a beer. Here are some tried and true combos?
Alaska White Ale with a drop of Wild Orange Essential oil and a wedge of orange.
Blue Moon with a drop of lime essential oil.
Corona with a drop of lime essential oil and lime wedge.
Pyramid Hefeweizen with a drop of lemon essential oil.
- Citrus oils are amazing in cocktails. If you don’t happen to have orange liquor, lemon or lime juices just substitute essential oils and play around. You might have to add a little superfine sugar for liquors.
- No superfine sugar? Regular sugar in the food processor is perfect.
- Flavored sugar for drinks or desserts is super easy. Take 1/4 cup of sugar and add 2-4 drops of your favorite oil.
- Easiest way to damp the rim of a glass is to use a lemon, lime or orange wedge.
- Add a drop of cinnamon oil to coffee liquor. Yummy!
Hope you enjoyed my little amateur foray into concocting cocktails. Please comment and let me know if you liked these or share any recipes you have!
Note: Not all essential oils aren’t created equal. Especially when consuming internally check the label to see if it is safe. Why?…Essential Oil Grades