After two and a half amazing weeks in Germany I arrived home to see the leaves on my lilac bush an amazing burst of reds, yellows and oranges, announcing that Fall has arrived. There is just something warm and comfortable about Fall that brings to mind scents of cinnamon, clove and apples. Warm fires and cozy nights playing board games with friends and family. So I thought I’d share some recipes that embrace the warm yummy spices of fall flavors.
First, to set the mood I like to pull out one of my favorite diffuser blend recipes. If it doesn’t make you feel warm and cozy all over I don’t know what will!
Fall brings amazing newly picked apples. They are one of my favorite fruits and I love harvest time. Here is a sweet treat that is perfect to nibble while playing board games or cards.
7 – 8 medium sized apples
1 tablespoon sugar or sweetener of choice ( I prefer raw honey or agave)
6 drops Cinnamon essential oil
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Put parchment paper onto two baking sheets. [Not waxed paper].
3. Combine sugar (sweetner) and Cinnamon essential oil into a small bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Slice apples into thin slices. (I use a mandoline).
4. Place apples onto parchment covered baking sheets in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle (or brush) apple slices with cinnamon sugar mixture.
6. Place baking sheets in preheated oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Halfway through, flip the apples over.
7. When edges of the apples are curled, take out of oven and place on a wire rack until cooled and crispy.
Alternatively, you can do this in a dehydrator or use a microwave chip maker.
Hope you enjoy these Fall Flavors as much as I do!
Note: All essential oils aren’t created equally. Especially for internal use check the label to see if it is safe. Why?…Essential Oil Grades
If you’d like to know more about what products I use please send me a message below.
PS: I’m not trying to keep it a secret… the brand doesn’t allow their products named or pictured on non-company websites. I’d tell you if I could!