One of the biggest struggles of eating healthy is finding recipes that are quick and easy. If you are like me and you have a restricted diet then it is even harder. I love to fall back on this recipe because you can make it quickly and everyone loves it. In my family we have this a couple times a month and I’ve served it several times for game night when we have friends over. It is incredibly forgiving so you can experiment and add or subtract things as you like.
My Instant Pot is a lifesaver too. It is so easy and quick to make meals especially since I am a busy woman! I’m sure you are busy too and I have more information below the recipe about the Instant Pot that I use and how to get it. You will definitely want one if you don’t already have one because it will save you time and still have your family eating healthy, homemade meals.
Naturally, for extra flavor I’ve used my doTERRA essential oils. I love not having to worry about the freshness of spices and they add so much flavor.You don’t need a lot either. Just a couple drops will add amazing flavor that is much stronger even than fresh herbs. If you don’t have essential oils, let’s talk because you will be amazed at what you can do with them and you will want to be sure you have the cooking oils always in supply especially if you do a lot of cooking!
- Soup ingredients:
- 1 lb. Cooked Chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 15 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 20 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 7 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 cups water
- 1 14.5 ounce can Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoon Cumin OR 1 drop doTERRA Cumin essential oil
- ¾ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper or a toothpick dipped in doTERRA Black Pepper Essential Oil
- 1 small package frozen Corn (I like the white shoepeg)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- Tortilla Chips
- Green Onions, chopped
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar
- Chopped Cilantro
- Avocado diced
- Put all of the soup ingredients in the Instant pot. Stir. Cover. Flip vent to open. Cook on Slow Cook High for 4 hours.
- minutes Manual High Pressure and release naturally.
- Serve and have everyone choose their favorite garnishes. Add chips to soup.
- If you don't have precooked chicken just put a couple of boneless chicken breasts or thighs on top of soup ingredients and then pull them out and shred them and put them back in with the soup and mix well.
Instant Pot that I use: https://amzn.to/2IXl3Sh this is the 6 quart. I’ve actually used all the sizes and this is the one I reach for the most. The 8 quart is tempting… but I only use it when I am feeding a larger crowd. It takes longer and is a little bit fussier. Make sure you have its lid down tight or you’ll find yourself redoing it. I much prefer the 6 quart. The 4 quart is just too small except for doing rice or steamed veggies. Even if it is just two of you, the 6 quart adjusts nicely.
PS: This is an affiliate link. They do give me a few pennies if you purchase from the link.