What is it about bedtime that makes me cringe? Sleep? No – not my bedtime… theirs. It seems 5 minutes before bedtime they are so hyper they are climbing the walls or the whining and crying starts. You’d think we are trying to kill them, not do what is natural and sleep and recharge our bodies. And if they don’t get enough sleep… cranky!
So I’ve gathered some tips and tricks to help your little ones sleep better.
- Limit sweets and carbs before bed time. If your little one is a snacker try protein like nuts, cheese or something that takes a while to break down.
- No electronics at least 30 minutes before bed. They are stimulating to the brain and make it harder to fall asleep.
- Reading to them after they’ve been tucked in – no matter what their age.
- Use the parental controls on their cell phones to turn off all messages except from you and data and internet access is turned off.
- Avoid stimulating or scary tv shows or movies.
- Think about choices you can give them that you are comfortable with… like would you like to go to bed now or in 10 minutes? And stick to it. I stole that one from the book Love and Logic which I highly recommend.
- Try to have the same bed time and routine as much as possible.
Using essential oils can also help relax, calm the mind and ease them into deep restorative sleep. If you’ve never used them before don’t worry I’ve got a quick video and eBook below.
- Put a couple of drops of Lavender in a diffuser about 10 minutes before bed time.
- Give them a bath with a capfull of unscented Castile Soap and a couple drops of Lavender (for a large tub).
- Make a bedtime spray with 15 drops of lavender, water and a couple drops of vodka or alcohol and spritz their pillow or jammies.
- Add 5 drops of Frankincense to the bedtime spray and call it Monster Under the Bed Spray for those that worry about what might be lurking.
- Make a roller ball blend with 15 drops of Lavender and finish with Fractionated Coconut Oil and swipe the bottom of their feet.
- You can add 5 drops of Frankincense for those that struggle a little bit more.
- Avoid Peppermint and Citrus Oils before bed as they can be stimulating.
I love using roller balls with kiddos. They are so nice because they are already diluted and you just open the cap, shake and swipe on the bottom of their feet. Super easy, super fast and if they are fussing you can do it without a fight.
OK Now I have something SPECIAL FOR YOU…
I’ve put together a collection of my favorite essential oil roller balls recipes to help your little one embrace sleep and…
I have placed into one EBOOK which is FREE.
You can ACCESS the FREE ebook NOW by clicking on the below image and it will be delivered directly and conveniently to your Facebook Messenger Inbox…
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO DOWNLOAD NOW…